Welcome to our very first podcast ever! That we’ve ever recorded…? Maybe not. In this episode, we recount our history in podcasting going back to January/2005. We talk about the state of our work situation and how we’re going thru the process of starting our own business. We encounter a small technical glitch with the recording (sorry!) and then we finish off with a fun news item about drunks burning down a pizza parlor.
- New (to us) microphones, we got ’em.
- I explain the definition of “podcasting 1.0.”
- Jen was somewhat apprehensive of being on the microphone. Back in 2005.
- I had the idea of posting “recorded radio shows” back in 2004.
- We found the name of our show thru LiveJournal. (“Hyper Nonsense World Tabasco Shower”)
- We’ve podfaded a thousand shows. Not really.
- YouTube hasn’t made us rich and/or famous.
- We’re not Business People!
- We have another website called No Market Collective.
- A history of horns: Both the Importance and Fail kinds.
- I worked briefly for Automattic last year.
- We were super lucky to attend the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls launch party earlier this year.
- We’ve got an effects rack with effects in it!
- We read a news article about how drunks tried to burn down a pizza shop in Oregon.
- The article lead us to talking about local eateries that cater to late-night drunks.
- (I couldn’t get thru the show without making a cheap Canadia joke.)
Join our Google+ Community
Call our voicemail line: 805-725-5085
Subscribe to Hyper Nonsense: RSS | iTunes | Spreaker | Stitcher | TuneIn
Let us know if your favorite podcast app/platform isn't listed above!