Last week, we celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary by visiting Las Vegas. We stayed at a hotel shaped like a pyramid! Jen had a piece of gluten-free carrot cake! Jen had lots of drinks! We hit it big at the blackjack table! (And by “blackjack table,” we really mean the $0.25 electronic blackjack machine.) Annoying salespeople! Lunch with Diablo! Big lights! Elvis Electric! Awkward selfies! More! And more!
Shiny, shiny details:
- “Las Vegas” is technically unincorporated?
- Jen’s cell phone does weird things to our recordings.
- It’s really important to get to the airport two hours before a flight. Not really.
- Santa Maria Airport = stuck in the 80′s.
- The TSA took my face wash. Also, it was stupid of me to bring it.
- Amtrak = no TSA.
- Vending machine coffee. Always the best.
- Boarding thru the aft hatch of a plane is sorta like climbing into a spaceship.
- The Las Vegas airport is bigger than our local airports.
- You have to go thru several buildings to catch a taxi at the Las Vegas airport.
- Some Las Vegas cabs show weird “advertainment” videos on infinite loops.
- Las Vegas. They just wanna get all your money before you leave.
- Annoying salespeople inside casinos look like official security staff.
- They’ll just put a piano guy there while you’re waiting in line because, Vegas.
- Inclinators. They ain’t elevators.
- We stayed at Motel 6 the first time we went to Vegas.
- Las Vegas buffets = insane.
- Jen always needs naps.
- The Luxor has wifi but only on the first floor.
- It’s not good to turn off air conditioners in Las Vegas.
- Don’t walk across streets in Las Vegas unless you want to die.
- Jen got her picture taken with Elvis Electric.
- There are three Starbucks shops inside the Luxor.
- Alcohol to go? No problem in Vegas!
- Gluten-free pizza, french fries and wine. Happy Anniversary to us!
- Slot machines aren’t fun.
- Jen makes gamblers mad.
- Walking around the Luxor is like running thru Ironforge.
- We turned $5.00 into $7.00 by playing electronic Blackjack.
- Boarding-pass apps for airports actually work.
- Some people on airplanes are weird.
- Our airplane broke as we were flying back to California but it wasn’t serious.
- Jen is running a crowd funding experiment via Beacon. Please support the project if you’d like to learn more about Common Core.
- Jen is also contributing to Bubblews.
24-hour voicemail: 206-600-9832
Subscribe to Hyper Nonsense: RSS | iTunes | Spreaker | Stitcher | TuneIn
Let us know if your favorite podcast app/platform isn't listed above!